- Romania is a fairytale land with a wild nature that waits to be explored. You discover a land of legends, castles, wonderful meadows with wild flowers, magnificent forests with oaks, phages and pins, still home to hundreds of different species of plants and animals.
- Discover the last corner of Europe where you can find unspoiled nature, sustainable over time. It is the place where ecosystems are preserved for the benefit of humans and also of nature.
- Romania is an amazing place where the delicate relationship between man and nature still remains in perfect balance. Rural traditions are still very much part of the way of life, which keeps the Romanian countryside so unique.
- Travel to the land of living traditions and discover the Saxon settlements with fortified churches dating back from the 13th century, the Transylvanian wooden churches with unique architecture, included on the UNESCO world heritage list.
- Romania is a place like no other with natural beauties that offers you the chance to get back to nature.
Discovering Romania – Trilogy Wild Carpathia
Wild Carpathia is a unique trilogy of films about the priceless majesty of the forests and mountains of Romania. Charlie Ottley takes a tour of this extraordinary region and uncovers a world of medieval villages, ancient monasteries, historic traditions and mesmerising beauty. From Transylvania’s stunning national parks to the Danube Delta, we get a unique insight into a landscape that has endured unchanged for thousands of years and still home to wolves, lynx and the largest concentration of brown bears in Europe.
Meeting a glittering array of characters from local shepherds, environmentalists, artisans and musicians to rock stars and royalty, Charlie learns how they are all dedicated to preserving what has become Europe’s last true wilderness. Wild Carpathia has, with the help of His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales, and other key supporters, become an international phenomenon.