You will visit a magic land and will take amazing pictures with this guided off road photo tour in Transylvania. Most of the visited places along itinerary are accessible only by 4×4 vehicle. You will drive through old transylvanian villages, UNESCO sites, climb the top of the hills for breathtaking views over Carpathians Mountains and capture the authentic Transylvanian charm.
Day 1 Bucharest – Prahova Valley – Bucegi Plateau – Sinaia
Upon arrival, you will be met by our representative who will take you to your rental 4×4 vehicle and drive to Sinaia. Start your off road and photo tour by crossing mountains towards Bucegi Natural Park, one of the most visited natural wonders and national parks in Romania. Here, you will discover the amazing landscapes of Bolboci Lake – dubbed “The Sea of Bucegi “, the lake is among the most spectacular natural attractions in the area of Bucegi Mountains, located at the highest altitude in the country, 1438 meters. The lake is surrounded by coniferous forests and the beauty of the view is hard to describe.
Dinner and accommodation in Sinaia.
Day 2: Sinaia – Peles Castle – Rentea Mountains – Brasov
Today, we drive to Sinaia and visit Peles Castle, the former summer residence of the Romanian royal couple, considered one of the most beautiful castles in Europe . We will continue our journey in Rentea – Baiului Mountains giving us the chance for breathtaking landscapes. Then, you will visit the beautiful city of Brasov (Kronstandt, under its German name) founded by the Saxons in the XIIIth century. Here you will see the Council Square, the Council Tower, the famous Black Church (the largest Gothic construction in Eastern part of Europe) and enjoy a short walking tour in the Old Town of Brasov. The old town is one of the best preserved old towns in Europe with splendid architecture and old fortifications. The city has an amazing history with influences from Germany, the Austria-Hungarian Empire and the old communist state. Braşov boasts everything from dynamic modern city life to old world charm and fascinating mountains scenery.
Accommodation in Brasov area.
Day 3 Brasov – Magura- Bran- Simon- Sirnea- Plaiul Foii
Today, we will continue the off road trip to the traditional villages of Magura and Pestera, with some of the best breathtaking views in Romania. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to visit the famous Bran Castle, known as the home of Dracula`s spirit. The Bran Castle with a rich history that has been very well conserved is considered to be among the 10 most beautiful medieval castles in the world. Lunch will be served at a special location, with a spectacular view over Bran area. Next destination on the route is the Simon Hermitage located in beautiful surroundings. Along the way we will across gorgeous landscapes with magnificent views over the Piatra Craiului and Bucegi Mountains giving you a unique experience with some fantastic photo opportunities.
Accommodation in Plaiul Foii.
Day 4 Plaiul Foii- Barsa Land – Stramba Valley – Poiana Marului – Plaiul Foii
Today we will discover the historical and ethnographic region Barsa Land (Tara Barsei). Inhabited since ancient times, Barsa Land, a depression in the Carpathian Mountains crossed by numerous fast mountain rivers offers delightful scenery and countless jewels of built heritage. We will explore off-road Cristian – Vulcan – Paltin area, enjoying panoramic views of the Magura Codlei and Piatra Craiului Mountains. Here the houses are scattered on the tops of hills at long distances from each other. Next destination on the route is the beautiful landscapes of Stramba Valley. Here we enjoy a special lunch based on fish specialties in Roua Sanzienelor trout farm, located in a wonderful place among the mountains. On our way back to Plaiul Foii, we passing through some traditional villages with amazing landscapes.
Accommodation in Plaiul Foii.
Day 5: Plaiul Foii –Sighisoara- Biertan-Bazna
After breakfast, we will get ready for another day of exploration in the hearth of wonderful Transylvania. We are heading to the medieval city of Sighisoara, one of the most beautiful towns in the heart of Transylvania was included in the UNESCO world heritage and situated on the list of protected monuments, the fortress-city hosts dozens of architectural ensembles of Gothic – rural, Renaissance and Baroque styles. A walk through the town’s hilly streets with their original medieval architecture, magical mix of winding cobbled alleys, steep stairways, secluded squares, towers, turrets and enchantingly preserved citadel, is like stepping back in time. Then, we continue our trip to the Biertan village, only 30 km away from Sighisoara, where you can visit the fortified church. After vising this charming saxon village, we drive to Bazna for a welcome dinner of traditional foods and accommodation.
Day 6 Bazna – Medias – Mosna – Cartisoara – Transfagarasan – Curtea de Arges – Bucuresti
After breakfast and check out, we`ll return to Bucharest crossing the fascinating landscape of the Transylvanian plateau. Discover some of the most quintessentially beautiful Romania countryside, the rich traditions of the saxon villages and the locals way of life which has changed little through the centuries. Relax and admire the “WOW” scenery of the Transfagarasan Route, second-highest paved road in Romania, crossing the fantastic landscapes of Fagaras Mountains. Lunch will be served in a special restaurant on the route. If Transfagarasan Road is closed, due to the weather conditions, you will head to Bucharest by crossing Olt Valley. Accommodation in Bucharest.
Day 7 Bucharest
After breakfast, we will have a city tour of Bucharest, often referred to as “the Little Paris”.We will visit Parliament Palace – the second largest administrative building in the world. In the afternoon, enjoy a walking tour in the old part of the city including Stavropoleos Church, Old Court, Lipscani Street and the Patriarch church.
* Accommodation provided in a superb locations of 3* special lodges / pensions or hotels.
** Programs can be modified depending on the weather conditions and tours are customized on request.
- Bran Castle – is considered to be among the 10 most beautiful medieval castles in the world with a history of over 600 years, which carries the famous legend of Vlad the Impaler (Vlat Tepes) and Dracula.
- Peles Castle – the former royal residence of Romania since XVIII century, is considered to be the most important historic architectural ensemble in Romania, which by its unique character and historical and artistic value remains one of the most beautiful monuments in Europe.
- Rasnov Citadel – one of the best preserved fortified citadels of XIV century in Transilvania, situated strategically at the border with Wallachia erected by the Teutonic Knights on the wooden fortification in early XIII century.
- Brasov – a commercial and handicraft center of Transylvania since the fourth century, a museum-city of tourist interest where you can visit the Vestiges of the Ancient Citadel of Brasov, Black Church, Schei Romanian School, the oldest school with teaching in Romanian, the first in the three Romanian countries, and the Old Downtown of the city with medieval burg aspect.
- Canyon of Zarnesti- deep and narrow limestone canyon, located near the city of Zarnesti, in Piatra Craiului National Park was formed by the collapses of a cave roof.
- Sighisoara – the historical center of Sighisoara is the most famous inhabited medieval citadel in southeastern Europe. Included in the UNESCO world heritage and situated on the list of protected monuments, the fortress-city hosts dozens of architectural ensembles of Gothic – rural, Renaissance and Baroque styles.A walk through the town’s hilly streets with their original medieval architecture, magical mix of winding cobbled alleys, steep stairways, secluded squares, towers, turrets and enchantingly preserved citadel, is like stepping back in time.
- Viscri – one the best preserved saxon village in Romania, home no more than 500 people. A well-known English royalty, Prince Charles of Wales, supports a number of conservation projects in Viscri. Its fortified church, recognised as a Unesco World Heritage site, representative of European architectural military style hosting a museum of Saxon civilization.
- Bolboci Lake – dubbed the “The Sea of Bucegi “, the lake is among the most spectacular natural attractions in the area of Bucegi Mountains, surrounded by picturesque landscapes, dominated by massive mountains, well wooded, formed behind a dam located at the highest altitude in the country, 1438 meters.
- Off-road tours of rare beauty, the optimal choice of 4×4 Tours team to facilitate legal access and in maximum security in wild places with sensational views over Bucegi, Piatra Craiului, Ciucas, Baiului, Postavaru, Piatra Mare, Iezer, Fagaras Mountains.
The price is 1.073 EUR per person for 3 tourists sharing a 4×4 vehicle that means 158 EUR/person/day.
The price is 1.482 EUR per person for 2 tourists sharing a 4×4 vehicle that means 219 EUR/person/day.
We offer big discounts for reseller agencies.
Each 4×4 vehicle is driven by one 4×4 Tours team driver/guide and can travel:
- 3 more people in maximum comfortable conditions
- or 4 more people in less comfortable conditions (3 people on the back seat)
The price includes:
- Accommodation (budget) for 6 nights in a superb locations of 3* special lodges or hotels.
Half board (6 breakfasts and 6 dinners – check-in dinner and check-out with breakfast)
- Accommodation and all meals for the “4×4 Tours” guide and drivers
- 4×4 vehicle rental with driver, equipped with gear and ready for off-road like Nissan Patrol, Mitsubishi Pajero or similar
- Tourist assistance services – Romanian and English speaking guide trained in 4×4 off-road tours
- Fuel depending on km traveled, car wash and parking fees for each car
- Towing and Recovery Equipment
The price does not include:
- Flights to/from Bucharest – Romania
- Lunch can be arranged as nature picnic lunch or in a restaurant on the route – about 13 EUR/person
- One more overnight for resting in Bucharest, accommodation with breakfast in 4* hotel and dinner in Old Center and transfer to airport in next morning – 85 EUR/120 EUR per person in double/single occupancy
- Options for observing bear in the wild – 25 EUR/person, entrance to the Bazna Spa – 12 EUR/person, entrance to the Castles – 10 EUR
- Alcohol and other refreshing drinks
- Travel insurance specific for the off-road and adventure tourism
- Additional fees for single room occupancy – 119 EUR per person / 6 nights
- Accomodation (comfort) 4* hotels can be provided on request at additional price
- Other optional fees not mentioned in the program
The final price per tourist is calculated at request by the agency depending on the number of adults and children travelling, number of field cars used, km travelled and other potential options.
For other detailed information do not hesitate to contact us.