Our website uses cookie technology to provide visitors with a much better browsing experience and services tailored to their needs and interests.
What is a “cookie”?
Cookies will be understood as IT data, including without limitation text files, stored on the user’s terminal for the purpose of using the web page. These files make it possible to recognize the user’s terminal and present the content in a relevant way, adapted to the user’s preferences. Cookies usually contain the name of the web page of origin, the date of storage on the terminal and a unique number.
The cookie is completely “passive” (does not contain software, viruses or spyware, and cannot access information on the user’s hard drive). In itself, cookies do not require personal information to be used and, in most cases, do not personally identify Internet users.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies are used to adapt the content of web pages to user preferences and to optimize web pages. They are also used in the preparation of aggregated anonymous statistics that help us understand how a user benefits from our web pages, allowing us to improve their structure and content, excluding the user’s personal identification.
What Cookies Do We Use?
We use two types of cookies: per session (temporary) and persistent
- Temporary files remain in the user’s terminal until the user exits the site or closes the browser window
- Persistent files remain on the user’s terminal for a period of time in the Cookie parameters or until they are manually deleted by the user. Persistent cookies include those placed on a website other than the one the user is currently visiting – are known as ‘third party cookies’ – which can be used anonymously to store a user’s interests to deliver the most relevant advertising to users.
How are cookies used by this site?
A visit to this site may place cookies for the purpose:
- Site performance cookies
- Cookies for analyzing visitors
- Cookies for geotargeting
- Connecting cookies
- Cookies for advertising
- Advertising cookies
Do cookies contain personal data?
Why are Internet cookies important?
Cookies are the central focus of the Internet’s efficient operation, helping to generate a friendly browsing experience and tailored to the preferences and interests of each user. Denying or disabling cookies can make some sites impossible to use. Denying or disabling cookies does not mean you will not receive online advertising – but only that it will no longer be able to take into account your preferences and interests highlighted by the navigation behavior in which the most likely the advertising you receive will be less relevant to you.
Examples of important uses of cookies (which do not require authentication of a user through an account):
- Content and services tailored to the user preferences – news, weather, sports, maps, public and governmental services, entertainment sites and travel services.
- Offers tailored to users’ interests – password retention, language preferences (e.g. display of Romanian search results).
- Retaining Child Protection Filters for Content on the Internet (family mode options, safe search functions).
- Limit ad serving frequency – limit the number of impressions of an ad for a particular user on a site.
- Providing more relevant advertising to the user.
- Measurement, optimization, and analytics features – such as confirming a certain level of traffic on a website, what type of content is viewed, and how a user reaches a website (e.g., search engines, directly from other websites etc.). Websites run these analyzes of their use to improve sites for the benefit of users.
How you can control cookies?
You may withdraw your consent regarding cookies at any time. For this purpose, you can block or delete cookies either through your web browser settings or by using software made available by third parties, or by following the specific instructions for the cookie categories in the following sections. In any case, problems with the use of certain parts of the website may occur if you disable cookies.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer – Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox – Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome – Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari – Safari
- Cookie settings in Edge – Edge
- Opera cookie settings – Opera
To learn more about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org or see www.youronlinechoices.eu, which contains additional information on behavioral advertising and privacy online.