Experience the natural beauty of unique Transylvania wilderness, the best region in the world to visit in 2016 according with Lonely Planet! This exciting 4×4 tour takes you away into amazing Transylvania offering fascinating off road and nature experience. You will see spectacular lakes in the mountains, rivers, canyons, authentic villages where time has stood still and experience the traditional way of life in the countryside. Get ready to experience untouched nature, enjoy a cup of coffee in front of spectacular landscape, meet local people and eat delicious homemade food. Will be a great experience!
Day 1: Bucharest – Prahova Valley – Bucegi Mountains
Welcome to Romania! Airport pick up and transfer by jeeps to the Carpathians Mountains. The first destination of the day is Bucegi Natural Park, one of the most visited natural wonders and national parks in Romania. Here we will explore the beautiful surroundings of the Bolboci Lake, named as ”The sea of Bucegi” and Scropoasa Lake, a transparent gem located in Ialomita Valley. Discover in off-road a spectacular landscape from Podu cu Florile Peak with fabulous view.
Accommodation in Brasov area.
Day 2: Zarnesti Canyon – Traditional Villages – Bran (Dracula`s) Castle
We begin the day with a walking through the Canyon of Zarnesti breathing the fresh mountain air in the scenery of “Cold Mountain” movie. We will continue the off road tour to Magura and Pestera, with some of the best breathtaking views in Romania. These are traditional and picturesque mountains villages which reveal the pastoral way of life of the Transylvanian shepherds. You will discover the authentic rural life in Romania, a land with rolling hills, remote villages `s roads, traditional wooden houses. We will across gorgeous landscapes with magnificent views over the Piatra Craiului and Bucegi Mountains. After lunch, visit the legendary Bran Castle, known as the home of Dracula`s spirit and one of the most beautiful medieval castles in the world.
Accommodation in Moeciu area.
Driving off road through rolling hills to Fundatica, the highest traditional village from Romania. Away from the noises of the world, here you will discover another portion of Romania cozy and picturesque, a fairytale place with spectacular landscapes. Take your time and enjoy this corner of the world blessed by God. Off road in Key Valley with coffee break in the river canyon. Continue driving off road till Vidraru Dam.
Accommodation at 4 * hotel close by Transfagarasan Road.
Day 4: Transfagarasan Road – Olt Valley – Voineasa
Today you will have the most exciting drive on Transfagarasan route, the second-highest paved road in Romania (situated at an altitude of 2055 meters above sea level) with the longest road tunnel in the country (887 m) and amazing scenery over the Fagaras Mountains. The road was built as a strategic military route and runs North to South across the highest mountains of Romania. The Top Gear team stated Transfagarasan road” the best road in the world”. On the way we will discover the spectacular landscape of Balea Lake, a natural glacier lake at 2040 m and Balea Waterfalls, one of the most famous waterfall in Romania.
Accommodation in Voineasa.
Day 5 Voineasa – Transalpina Road – Saxon villages
Experience off road driving on the highest road in Romania – Transalpina Road. This is the road on top of the Romanian Mountains, known as ‘King’s Road’ or ‘The Devil’s Pathway, crossing the Parang Mountains from North to South. Drive along the ridge of mountains, cross the beautiful passes and enjoy breathtaking scenery. Enjoy a coffee break in front of a spectacular landscape of Vidra Lake. Continue driving to Marginimea Sibiului with its quaint settlements and calm lifestyle.
Accommodation in Marginimea Sibiului
Day 6: Saxon Villages – Sinca Veche – Poiana Marului – Poiana Brasov
Continue the challenging off road adventure through the wilderness of Piatra Craiului Mountains getting to Sinca Veche cave Monastery. After lunch, we will explore the beauty of Poiana Marului village with spectacular views over Piatra Craiului Mountains. We will have the opportunity to drink a coffee in fabulous scenery. In the evening, arrival at the hotel in Poiana Brasov for overnight rest.
Accommodation in Poiana Brasov.
Day 7: Poiana Brasov – Brasov – Bucharest
In the morning, visit the medieval town of Brasov. Here you will see the famous Black Church (the largest Gothic construction in Eastern part of Europe).The old town is one of the best preserved old towns in Europe with splendid architecture and old fortifications. The city has an amazing history with influences from Germany, the Austria-Hungarian Empire and the old communist state. In the afternoon, we leave the amazing landscapes over Carpathians and drive back to Bucharest. If time permitting, we will stop on our way for souvenir shopping in Bucharest Baneasa Mall. Transfer to airport in time for your flight. Additional night in Bucharest is available on request.
* Accommodation provided in a superb locations of 3* special lodges / pensions or hotels.
** Programs can be modified depending on the weather conditions and tours are customized on request.
- Bran Castle – is considered to be among the 10 most beautiful medieval castles in the world with a history of over 600 years, which carries the famous legend of Vlad the Impaler (Vlat Tepes) and Dracula.
- Peles Castle – the former royal residence of Romania since XVIII century, is considered to be the most important historic architectural ensemble in Romania, which by its unique character and historical and artistic value remains one of the most beautiful monuments in Europe.
- Rasnov Citadel – one of the best preserved fortified citadels of XIV century in Transilvania, situated strategically at the border with Wallachia erected by the Teutonic Knights on the wooden fortification in early XIII century.
- Brasov – a commercial and handicraft center of Transylvania since the fourth century, a museum-city of tourist interest where you can visit the Vestiges of the Ancient Citadel of Brasov, Black Church, Schei Romanian School, the oldest school with teaching in Romanian, the first in the three Romanian countries, and the Old Downtown of the city with medieval burg aspect.
- Canyon of Zarnesti- deep and narrow limestone canyon, located near the city of Zarnesti, in Piatra Craiului National Park was formed by the collapses of a cave roof.
- Sighisoara – the historical center of Sighisoara is the most famous inhabited medieval citadel in southeastern Europe. Included in the UNESCO world heritage and situated on the list of protected monuments, the fortress-city hosts dozens of architectural ensembles of Gothic – rural, Renaissance and Baroque styles.A walk through the town’s hilly streets with their original medieval architecture, magical mix of winding cobbled alleys, steep stairways, secluded squares, towers, turrets and enchantingly preserved citadel, is like stepping back in time.
- Viscri – one the best preserved saxon village in Romania, home no more than 500 people. A well-known English royalty, Prince Charles of Wales, supports a number of conservation projects in Viscri. Its fortified church, recognised as a Unesco World Heritage site, representative of European architectural military style hosting a museum of Saxon civilization.
- Bolboci Lake – dubbed the “The Sea of Bucegi “, the lake is among the most spectacular natural attractions in the area of Bucegi Mountains, surrounded by picturesque landscapes, dominated by massive mountains, well wooded, formed behind a dam located at the highest altitude in the country, 1438 meters.
- Off-road tours of rare beauty, the optimal choice of 4×4 Tours team to facilitate legal access and in maximum security in wild places with sensational views over Bucegi, Piatra Craiului, Ciucas, Baiului, Postavaru, Piatra Mare, Iezer, Fagaras Mountains.
Ask for best price!
We offer big discounts for reseller agencies.
Each 4×4 vehicle is driven by one 4×4 Tours team driver/guide and can travel:
- 3 more people in maximum comfortable conditions
- or 4 more people in less comfortable conditions (3 people on the back seat)
The price includes:
- Accommodation (budget) for 6 nights in a superb locations of 3* special lodges or hotels.
Half board (6 breakfasts and 6 dinners – check-in dinner and check-out with breakfast)
- Accommodation and all meals for the “4×4 Tours” guide and drivers
- 4×4 vehicle rental with driver, equipped with gear and ready for off-road like Nissan Patrol, Mitsubishi Pajero or similar
- Tourist assistance services – Romanian and English speaking guide trained in 4×4 off-road tours
- Fuel depending on km traveled, car wash and parking fees for each car
- Towing and Recovery Equipment
The price does not include:
- Flights to/from Bucharest – Romania
- Lunch can be arranged as nature picnic lunch or in a restaurant on the route – about 13 EUR/person
- One more overnight for resting in Bucharest, accommodation with breakfast in 4* hotel and dinner in Old Center and transfer to airport in next morning – 85 EUR/120 EUR per person in double/single occupancy
- Options for observing bear in the wild – 25 EUR/person, entrance to the Bazna Spa – 12 EUR/person, entrance to the Castles – 10 EUR
- Alcohol and other refreshing drinks
- Travel insurance specific for the off-road and adventure tourism
- Additional fees for single room occupancy – 119 EUR per person / 6 nights
- Accomodation (comfort) 4* hotels can be provided on request at additional price
- Other optional fees not mentioned in the program
The final price per tourist is calculated at request by the agency depending on the number of adults and children travelling, number of field cars used, km travelled and other potential options.
For other detailed information do not hesitate to contact us.