Experience the natural beauty of unique Transylvania wilderness, the best region in the world to visit in 2016 according with Lonely Planet! This 4×4 tour is ideal for people who want to take a break from the stress and modern life, to load with positive energy in nature, away from crowded places and roads. Experience the unspoiled nature, climb the top of the hills for breathtaking views over Carpathian Mountains and taste delicious traditional food.
Come and discover unique highlights, adventures and hidden landscapes in Transylvania with 4×4 Tours!.
Day 1Bucharest – Prahova Valley – Bucegi Plateau – Bolboci Lake – Peles Castle – Plaiul Foii
After being picked up at Henri Coanda Airport or your hotel from Bucharest, your 4×4 journey begins by crossing Prahova Valley to Bucegi Mountains Plateau, visiting Bolboci Lake – known as ”The sea of Bucegi” and Scropoasa Lake, a transparent gem located in Ialomita Valley. We will explore in off-road a spectacular landscape from Lespezi Peak. Optional we can visit before Peles Castle, the former summer residence of the Romanian royal couple, considered one of the most beautiful castles in Europe.
Traditional dinner and overnight in a special 3* lodge in Plaiul Foii area, a wonderful place near Zarnesti town.
Day 2 Plaiul Foii – Watching Bears– Poiana Marului – Zarnesti Canyon – Magura – Dracula’s Castle – Plaiul Foii
We begin the day with a unique opportunity to watch and photograph bears in a special park Reservation where they are free to live like in their habitat. We will explore off-road a fabulous traditional village Poiana Marului. After that we have the option to take a fresh air walking and explore the Canyon of Zarnesti. We will continue the off road tour to the traditional villages of Magura and Pestera, with some of the best breathtaking views in Romania. After enjoying lunch, you will have the opportunity to visit the famous Bran Castle, known as the home of Dracula`s spirit. Next destination on the route is the Simon Hermitage located in beautiful surroundings. Along the way we will across gorgeous landscapes with magnificent views over the Piatra Craiului and Bucegi Mountains. Dinner and accommodation in Plaiul Foii.
Day 3 Plaiul Foii – Piatra Craiului Mountains- Valea Strambei – Paltin – Holbav – Plaiul Foii
After breakfast, we take the challenging trip into Piatra Craiului Mountains wilderness to discover some of the largest populations of wildlife in Europe. The area is home to the highest concentration of wolves, bears and lynx in Europe. The scenery will continue to amaze you as we cross the mountains to Stramba Valley. Enjoy a special lunch based on fish specialties in Roua Sanzienelor trout farm, located in a wonderful place among the mountains.Then, you will discover the historical and ethnographic region Barsa Land (Tara Barsei). You will explore off-road Cristian – Vulcan – Paltin area, enjoying panoramic views of the Magura Codlei and Piatra Craiului Mountains. Here the houses are scattered on the tops of hills at long distances from each other. Accommodation in Plaiul Foii.
Day 4 Plaiul Foii – Fundatica – Podul Dambovitei – Pecineagu Lake – Ciocanul – Sirnea – Brasov
After breakfast, we begin the day exploring the highest village from Romania Fundatica. We will go off road on Valea Cetatii route till Podu Dambovitei. It will be a great opportunity to see Pecineagu Lake on the other side of Piatra Craiului Mountains, exploring wilderness landscapes. Ciocanul is a village where the light is changing in every 10 minutes and a paradise of photographs and Sirnea is a traditional village where time was stopped over local people and their habits.
Accommodation in Brasov area.
Day 5 Brasov- Diham Cottage – Valea Azugii – Rentea – Brasov
Today we spend the entire day in nature surrounded by wildlife and enjoy the off road tour through the wild Diham Valley with stunning views over Bucegi Mountains. We will continue the off-road adventure tour in Rentea – Baiului Mountains giving us the chance for breathtaking landscapes. Then, you will visit the beautiful city of Brasov (Kronstandt, under its German name) founded by the Saxons in the XIIIth century.
Accommodation in Brasov area.
Day 6 Brasov- Racos Volcano – Viscri – Sighisoara – Bazna
Get ready for a day of exploration the selenar landscapes from Racos Volcanic crater. From here we get another 4×4 trip towards Viscri, one of the best preserved saxon village in Romania. Its fortified church, one of the world`s most beautiful churches, has been designated by UNESCO as World Heritage Sites. Then, you will visit medieval town of Sighisoara – the only medieval citadel in the world that is still populated, included in the UNESCO world heritage sites. We end the day with a special experience of relaxation in Bazna, a health resort with wells of mineral waters.
Dinner and accommodation in Bazna
Day 7 Bazna – Medias – Transfagarasan Route – Bucharest
After breakfast we continue the off road journey through the fascinating landscape of the Transylvanian plateau. Discover some of the most quintessentially beautiful Transylvania countryside, the rich traditions of the saxon villages and the locals way of life which has changed little through the centuries. Sit back and admire the “WOW” scenery of the Transfagarasan Route, second-highest paved road in Romania, crossing the fantastic Fagaras Mountains as we journey back to Bucharest. Lunch will be served in a special restaurant on the route. Arrive to Bucharest and transfer to Henry Coanda airport for your flight. If Transfagarasan Road is closed, due to the weather conditions, you will head to Bucharest by crossing Olt Valley.
* Accommodation provided in a superb locations of 3* special lodges / pensions or hotels.
** Programs can be modified depending on the weather conditions and tours are customized on request.
- Bran Castle – is considered to be among the 10 most beautiful medieval castles in the world with a history of over 600 years, which carries the famous legend of Vlad the Impaler (Vlat Tepes) and Dracula.
- Peles Castle – the former royal residence of Romania since XVIII century, is considered to be the most important historic architectural ensemble in Romania, which by its unique character and historical and artistic value remains one of the most beautiful monuments in Europe.
- Rasnov Citadel – one of the best preserved fortified citadels of XIV century in Transilvania, situated strategically at the border with Wallachia erected by the Teutonic Knights on the wooden fortification in early XIII century.
- Brasov – a commercial and handicraft center of Transylvania since the fourth century, a museum-city of tourist interest where you can visit the Vestiges of the Ancient Citadel of Brasov, Black Church, Schei Romanian School, the oldest school with teaching in Romanian, the first in the three Romanian countries, and the Old Downtown of the city with medieval burg aspect.
- Canyon of Zarnesti- deep and narrow limestone canyon, located near the city of Zarnesti, in Piatra Craiului National Park was formed by the collapses of a cave roof.
- Sighisoara – the historical center of Sighisoara is the most famous inhabited medieval citadel in southeastern Europe. Included in the UNESCO world heritage and situated on the list of protected monuments, the fortress-city hosts dozens of architectural ensembles of Gothic – rural, Renaissance and Baroque styles.A walk through the town’s hilly streets with their original medieval architecture, magical mix of winding cobbled alleys, steep stairways, secluded squares, towers, turrets and enchantingly preserved citadel, is like stepping back in time.
- Viscri – one the best preserved saxon village in Romania, home no more than 500 people. A well-known English royalty, Prince Charles of Wales, supports a number of conservation projects in Viscri. Its fortified church, recognised as a Unesco World Heritage site, representative of European architectural military style hosting a museum of Saxon civilization.
- Bolboci Lake – dubbed the “The Sea of Bucegi “, the lake is among the most spectacular natural attractions in the area of Bucegi Mountains, surrounded by picturesque landscapes, dominated by massive mountains, well wooded, formed behind a dam located at the highest altitude in the country, 1438 meters.
- Off-road tours of rare beauty, the optimal choice of 4×4 Tours team to facilitate legal access and in maximum security in wild places with sensational views over Bucegi, Piatra Craiului, Ciucas, Baiului, Postavaru, Piatra Mare, Iezer, Fagaras Mountains.
Ask for best price!
We offer big discounts for reseller agencies.
Each 4×4 vehicle is driven by one 4×4 Tours team driver/guide and can travel:
- 3 more people in maximum comfortable conditions
- or 4 more people in less comfortable conditions (3 people on the back seat)
The price includes:
- Accommodation (budget) for 6 nights in a superb locations of 3* special lodges or hotels.
Half board (6 breakfasts and 6 dinners – check-in dinner and check-out with breakfast)
- Accommodation and all meals for the “4×4 Tours” guide and drivers
- 4×4 vehicle rental with driver, equipped with gear and ready for off-road like Nissan Patrol, Mitsubishi Pajero or similar
- Tourist assistance services – Romanian and English speaking guide trained in 4×4 off-road tours
- Fuel depending on km traveled, car wash and parking fees for each car
- Towing and Recovery Equipment
The price does not include:
- Flights to/from Bucharest – Romania
- Lunch can be arranged as nature picnic lunch or in a restaurant on the route – about 13 EUR/person
- One more overnight for resting in Bucharest, accommodation with breakfast in 4* hotel and dinner in Old Center and transfer to airport in next morning – 85 EUR/120 EUR per person in double/single occupancy
- Options for observing bear in the wild – 25 EUR/person, entrance to the Bazna Spa – 12 EUR/person, entrance to the Castles – 10 EUR
- Alcohol and other refreshing drinks
- Travel insurance specific for the off-road and adventure tourism
- Additional fees for single room occupancy – 119 EUR per person / 6 nights
- Accomodation (comfort) 4* hotels can be provided on request at additional price
- Other optional fees not mentioned in the program
The final price per tourist is calculated at request by the agency depending on the number of adults and children travelling, number of field cars used, km travelled and other potential options.
For other detailed information do not hesitate to contact us.
In order to view the consolidated offer as PDF file, please click on the links bellow: