Escape from the city and embark on an exhilarating 4×4 private tour in Wild Carpathians. This 4×4 private tour takes you straight from the city to the amazing landscapes and picturesque villages in the heart of the mountains.
You will enjoy fascinating off road, coffee break on the top of the mountain and nature experience!
Pick-up location: Your hotel in Bucharest – at 08:00 AM
Return details: Transfer to your hotel in Bucharest at aprox. 19.00 PM
Itinerary: Bucuresti – Poiana Marului – Magura – Pestera- Simon Hermitage – Bucuresti (550 Km)
Duration: 10-11 Hours
Type of tour: Guided off-road tour
Travel by: Nissan Patrol or similar
After being picked up from your hotel, we will drive to the Prahova Valley and begin our off road adventure. The 4×4 Nissan Patrol special prepared for offroading will take you to some of the beautiful authentic villages from Transylvania. You will explore off road Poiana Marului area, a fairytale place with spectacular landscapes over the Piatra Craiului Mountains. Enjoy a coffee break in a fabulous scenery!
Your 4×4 private tour continues to Zarnesti Canyon, the scenery of “Cold Mountain” movie. You will enjoy a short walking through this beautiful canyon and breathing the fresh mountain air. We`ll then visit the traditional and picturesque mountains villages of Magura and Pestera. Here you`ll see a fairyland with rolling hills, remote villages `s roads and traditional wooden houses. Throughout the 4×4 private tour you`ll be amazed by the gorgeous landscapes of the Piatra Craiului and Bucegi Mountains.
Furthermore, you`ll explore the amazing surroundings of the Simon Hermitage.
Finally, we leave the beautiful landscapes behind and return in Bucharest.
** Programs can be modified depending on the weather conditions and tours are customized on request.
- Zarnesti Canyon – Located near the city of Zarnesti, the canyon is a spectacular road into the hearth of Piatra Craiului mountain range. This deep and narrow limestone canyon was formed by the collapses of a cave roof. The spectacular road with massive rock walls on the both size with height up to 200 meters offers amazing views. It`s an easy way, without level differences, you meet no cars and other source of noise. The walls surrounding the trail are covered in places by stands of conifers and patches of moss. In this canyon, scenes of “Cold Mountain” were filmed, a movie with Nicole Kidman and Jude Law, awarded with seven Oscars
- Simon Hermitage- Known as Schitul Bran, an Ortodox Monastery built on a hilltop is surrounded by beautiful mountain crests of Bucegi, Piatra Craiului, Postavaru and Magura Codlei.
The place was founded Hermitage is soaked with the blood and bones of Romanian soldiers killed in fighting resistant worn over Rucăr – Bran in World War I. Moreover, in order to honor their sacrifice was high and a memorial crucifix next to the church.
Away from the noises of the world, here you will discover another portion of Romania cozy and picturesque, a fairytale place with spectacular landscapes.
- Pestera and Magura villages – traditional mountains villages with some of the best breathtaking views in Romania. Located in the Piatra Craiului National Park Mountains in the Southern Carpathians, the villages of Pestera and Magura offer an authentic glimpse into rural Romanian life. You will discover a land with rolling hills, remote villages `s roads, traditional wooden houses. Here, the traditional industries of sheep farming and cheese making are still practiced by many of the village’s. In those 2 villages, the people leave a healthy life: working the land, taking care of animals, preparing and eating homemade food from their small farm, drinking fresh water from the spring and homemade alcoholic drink called “tuica” made from different fruits as apples, plumps, pears.
- Off-road tours of rare beauty, the optimal choice of 4×4 Tours team to facilitate legal access and in maximum security in wild places with sensational views over Bucegi, Piatra Craiului, Ciucas, Baiului, Postavaru, Piatra Mare, Iezer, Fagaras Mountains.
190 Euro / person / 2 persons share a 4×4 vehicle
127 Euro / person/ 3 persons share a 4×4 vehicle
95 Euro / person / 4 persons share a 4×4 vehicle
76 Euro / person / 5* persons share a 4×4 vehicle
* There are two smaller back seats for slim adult persons or children. For a group of more than 5 persons we can add more jeeps.
** Each 4×4 vehicle is driven by one 4×4 Tours team driver/guide
The price includes:
- 4×4 vehicle rental with driver, equipped with gear and ready for off-road like Nissan Patrol, Mitsubishi Pajero or similar
- English-speaking guide/driver trained in 4×4 off-road tours
- Fuel depending on km traveled, car wash and parking fees for each car
- Towing and Recovery Equipment
The price does not include:
- Transportation (flight, vehicle, train, etc.) up to the departure site mentioned in the program
- Lunch for tourists and guide
- Alcohol and other refreshing drinks
- Health insurance specific for the off-road and adventure tourism
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites mentioned in the program
- Other optional fees not mentioned in the program
For other detailed information do not hesitate to contact us.