If you want to take an outstanding trip to amazing Transylvania, this guided 4×4 adventure tour is a great choice. Along our itinerary you will discover amazing landscapes, crystalline water in the heart of the mountains, traditional villages, wildlife and off road challenges. For nature lovers, this exclusive 4×4 tour is an ideal time to enjoy spectacular landscapes over Carpathian Mountains.
Escape from the city and get in touch with the unspoiled nature!
Pick-up location: Your hotel in Bucharest – at 08:00 AM
Return details: Transfer to your hotel in Bucharest at aprox. 19.00 PM
Itinerary: Bucuresti – Bucegi Plateau – Bolboci Lake – Magura – Pestera- Bucuresti (550 Km)
Duration: 10-11 Hours
Type of tour: Guided off-road tour
Travel by: Nissan Patrol or similar
After being picked up from your hotel, we start our journey by heading to Prahova Valley and get ready for adventure action on Bucegi Mountains Plateau. Here, we will enjoy some of the most spectacular natural attractions in the area of Bucegi Mountains – Bolboci and Scropoasa Lake. Dubbed “The Sea of Bucegi “, the Bolboci Lake, located at the highest altitude in the country, 1438 meters, is an artificial lake with crystalline water in the heart of the mountains.
Next destination is a very special place Amfiteatru Transilvania where you can discover spectacular views, remote traditions, animal farm, traditional local food and drinks, living water spring and souvenirs.
We will continue the off road tour to the hilltop villages of Magura and Pestera, with some of the best breathtaking views in Romania. These are traditional and picturesque mountains villages which reveal the pastoral way of life of the Transylvanian shepherds. Along the way we will across gorgeous landscapes with magnificent views over the Piatra Craiului and Bucegi Mountains. In the evening, we leave beautiful mountains landscapes behind and return to Bucharest.
** Programs can be modified depending on the weather conditions and tours are customized on request.
- Bolboci Lake – dubbed the “The Sea of Bucegi “, the lake is among the most spectacular natural attractions in the area of Bucegi Mountains, surrounded by picturesque landscapes, dominated by massive mountains, well wooded, formed behind a dam located at the highest altitude in the country, 1438 meters.Little known to most tourists, Bolboci offers breathtaking views over Bucegi Mountains. The lake is surrounded by coniferous forests and the beauty of the view is hard to describe
- Scropoasa Lake- a transparent gem located in Ialomita Valley, near Bolboci Lake and Zanoaga Gorges. The lake has an altitude of 1197 metres, located in a very narrow area on a key sector offers amazing landscapes
- Pestera and Magura villages – traditional mountains villages with some of the best breathtaking views in Romania
- Off-road tours of rare beauty, the optimal choice of 4×4 Tours team to facilitate legal access and in maximum security in wild places with sensational views over Bucegi, Piatra Craiului, Ciucas, Baiului, Postavaru, Piatra Mare, Iezer, Fagaras Mountains.
203 Euro / person / 2 persons share a 4×4 vehicle
135 Euro / person/ 3 persons share a 4×4 vehicle
102 Euro / person / 4 persons share a 4×4 vehicle
81 Euro / person / 5* persons share a 4×4 vehicle
68 Euro / person / 6* persons share a4x4 vehicle
* There are two smaller back seats for slim adult persons or children. For a group of more than 6 persons we can add more jeeps.
** Each 4×4 vehicle is driven by one 4×4 Tours team driver/guide
The price includes:
- 4×4 vehicle rental with driver, equipped with gear and ready for off-road like Nissan Patrol, Mitsubishi Pajero or similar
- Tourist assistance services – Romanian and English speaking guide trained in 4×4 off-road tours
- Fuel depending on km traveled, car wash and parking fees for each car
- Towing and Recovery Equipment
The price does not include:
- Transportation (flight, vehicle, train, etc.) up to the departure site mentioned in the program
- Lunch for tourists and guide
- Alcohol and other refreshing drinks
- Health insurance specific for the off-road and adventure tourism
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites mentioned in the program
- Other optional fees not mentioned in the program
The final price per tourist is calculated at request by the agency depending on the number of adults and children travelling, number of field cars used, km travelled and other potential options.
For other detailed information do not hesitate to contact us.