Experience some of Romanian`s famous attractions such as Bran (Dracula`s) Castle, Bucegi Mountains Plateau and amazing wildlife during this guided 4×4 adventure tour. You will cross the mountains in our 4×4 vehicle special prepared for off road journey and enjoy the breathtaking views over Carpathian Mountains.
Visit the one of the most beautiful medieval castle in the world and have a bit of wilderness adventure.
Pick-up location: Your hotel in Bucharest – at 08:00 AM
Return details: Transfer to your hotel in Bucharest at aprox. 19.00 PM
Itinerary: Bucuresti – Bucegi Plateau – Bolboci Lake – Zarnesti – Bran Castle- Magura – Bucuresti (550 Km)
Duration: 11 Hours
Type of tour: Guided off-road tour
Travel by: Nissan Patrol or similar
After being picked up from your hotel, we start our journey by heading to Prahova Valley and get ready for adventure action on Bucegi Mountains Plateau. Here, we will enjoy some of the most spectacular natural attractions in the area of Bucegi Mountains – Bolboci and Scropoasa Lake.
Afterwards, we will visit the famous Bran Castle, known as the home of Dracula`s spirit. The Bran Castle with a rich history that has been very well conserved is considered to be among the 10 most beautiful medieval castles in the world. The Bran Castle, a place of myth and legends, is one of top 10 “must see” attractions when you visit Transylvania.
We will continue the off road tour to the hilltop villages of Magura and Pestera, with some of the best breathtaking views in Romania. These are traditional and picturesque mountains villages which reveal the pastoral way of life of the Transylvanian shepherds. Along the way we will across gorgeous landscapes with magnificent views over the Piatra Craiului and Bucegi Mountains. In the evening, we leave beautiful mountains landscapes behind and return to Bucharest.
** Programs can be modified depending on the weather conditions and tours are customized on request.
- Bran Castle – is considered to be among the 10 most beautiful medieval castles in the world with a history of over 600 years, which carries the famous legend of Vlad the Impaler (Vlat Tepes) and Dracula.The castle was built by the inhabitants of Brasov in the 14th century for militarily strategic role, in order to protect the mountains pass from the invading Turks. Later, the castle became a customs post on the Bran pass between Transylvania and Wallachia. The Wallachian ruler Vlad “The Impaler” (Vlad Tepes) on whom the Irish novelist Bram Stoker based his “Dracula” has stayed in Bran Castle for a short period of time during the 1400s.At the beginning of the 20th century the Bran Castle became a royal residence and favorite home of Queen Maria. Queen Maria used the feminine touch to transform the fortress into the fairytale castle we know today. The Bran Castle, a place of myth and legends, is one of top 10 “must see” attractions when you visit Transylvania.
- Bolboci Lake – dubbed the “The Sea of Bucegi “, the lake is among the most spectacular natural attractions in the area of Bucegi Mountains, surrounded by picturesque landscapes, dominated by massive mountains, well wooded, formed behind a dam located at the highest altitude in the country, 1438 meters.
- Scropoasa Lake- a transparent gem located in Ialomita Valley, near Bolboci Lake and Zanoaga Gorges. The lake has an altitude of 1197 metres, located in a very narrow area on a key sector offers amazing landscapes
- Off-road tours of rare beauty, the optimal choice of 4×4 Tours team to facilitate legal access and in maximum security in wild places with sensational views over Bucegi, Piatra Craiului, Ciucas, Baiului, Postavaru, Piatra Mare, Iezer, Fagaras Mountains.
203 Euro / person / 2 persons share a 4×4 vehicle
135 Euro / person/ 3 persons share a 4×4 vehicle
102 Euro / person / 4 persons share a 4×4 vehicle
81 Euro / person / 5* persons share a 4×4 vehicle
68 Euro / person / 6* persons share a4x4 vehicle
* There are two smaller back seats for slim adult persons or children. For a group of more than 6 persons we can add more jeeps.
** Each 4×4 vehicle is driven by one 4×4 Tours team driver/guide
The price includes:
- 4×4 vehicle rental with driver, equipped with gear and ready for off-road like Nissan Patrol, Mitsubishi Pajero or similar
- Tourist assistance services – Romanian and English speaking guide trained in 4×4 off-road tours
- Fuel depending on km traveled, car wash and parking fees for each car
- Towing and Recovery Equipment
The price does not include:
- Transportation (flight, vehicle, train, etc.) up to the departure site mentioned in the program
- Lunch for tourists and guide
- Alcohol and other refreshing drinks
- Health insurance specific for the off-road and adventure tourism
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites mentioned in the program
- Other optional fees not mentioned in the program
The final price per tourist is calculated at request by the agency depending on the number of adults and children travelling, number of field cars used, km travelled and other potential options.
For other detailed information do not hesitate to contact us.